MANAGING ILL & INJURED EMPLOYEES
Managing ill or injured employees can be challenging and is often fraught with risk. It is crucial to take a strategic approach when assessing an employee’s ongoing fitness for work. Discrimination, general protections, workers’ compensation and unfair dismissal claims can be the result of an employer who simply does not know how to manage an ill or injured employee.
This training seminar will provide you with the practical steps you must take to better manage and support ill and injured employees.
This interactive training seminar will cover:
- How to manage absent employees and long term sick leave
- Common mistakes that can lead to discrimination and other claims
- The role of medical evidence
- Steps to handle an employee who has made a workers’ compensation claim
- Gain a greater understanding of your legal obligations around managing absences (short and long term)
- Learn how to minimise the risk of successful claims being brought against you
- Understand how to obtain and apply vital information from a medical professional
- Identify when employees may no longer have the capacity to fulfil the inherent requirements of their role
- Learn through real life examples and recent case law
If you are responsible for managing staff, this seminar is ideal for you!
|MEMBER PRICE: $149 | NON MEMBER PRICE: $169|
AHA Training Center - 38 Parliment Place, West Perth
While course dates and information are provided for your convenience on the AHA(WA) website and Training Calendar, please be aware dates and times may change. Contact 9321 7701 to find out more.